April 3, 2019
VIVO Kitchen on Twin Cities Live – Pork Scaloppine Recipe
VIVO’s Director of Culinary Development, Chef Daniel Wesener made his fourth appearance on KSTP-TV’s “Twin Cities Live” program on March 18th. Chef Dan has become a regular face on TCL, sharing delicious recipes that can easily be made at home for their weekly “Monday Night Meal” segment.
In this appearance, Chef Dan prepared Pork Scaloppine, a quick and easy dish featuring thin sliced pork chops (see full recipe below). As a part of our commitment to local and sustainable sources, Dan featured Duroc pork from Compart Family Farms, the same family owned farm where VIVO Kitchen’s signature pork chops are raised.
A link to this full segment can be viewed at: Twin Cities Live – VIVO – Pork Scaloppine Recipe
VIVO Kitchen’s Pork Scaloppine Recipe
- Trimmed pork chop, cut or pounded thin ¼” 2 pieces (about 5-6 oz wt.)
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 oz Canola oil
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Baby Artichoke Hearts, cooked, halved
- 1 Tbsp Shallots
- 1 oz Pinot Grigio
- 2 oz Cream
- 1 Lemon wedge
- 1-½ oz Chicken Stock
- Lightly season pork chop then dredge in flour and shake off excess.
- Put oil and butter into medium hot sauté pan.
- Add pork and artichokes.
- Flip as soon as you see some changing of color around the outside edge of the pork pieces.
- Add shallots, and sauté for 20 seconds
- Add Pinot Grigio, lemon, capers, and chicken stock.
- Bring to simmer, remove pork after 20 to 30 seconds and plate.
- Place sauce back onto heat, season lightly, reduce until sauce is somewhat thickened and about ½ to ¾ oz remains. (if you reduce too far, just add a touch more stock)
- Remove from heat and swirl in room temperature butter to mount sauce.
- Pour sauce over pork slices
ADD PRINTABLE RECIPE PDF HERE